Chef Seattle is an online portal and community that provides Seattle restaurant reviews and publishes articles relating to green topics and the Northwest. We enjoy running the site and hope to build our site into a major community for both food and Seattle enthusiasts. As part of that commitment, we will address a number of legal issues so that you can know what to expect from us and what we can expect from you.
Acceptance of Use and Terms:
As an interactive site, Chef Seattle expects the users of the site to behave as responsible, polite citizens. The following are rules on what you are not allowed to post on our interactive forums, message boards, reviews or any other medium while using Chef Seattle.
- 1. Do not post, upload, link, distribute or facilitate distribution of any materials that are libelous or slanderous. Not only is it just in bad taste, but you could be held legally liable for it (not good).
- 2. Do not post any material that is sexually suggestive or contains sexually explicit content (including but not limited to nudity). Our site caters to foodies and Seattlelites, which generally doesn't cross over with the seedier elements of the web. So please, keep your midnight activities separated from Chef Seattle and everyone is happy.
- 3. Do not post any material that may offend or attack any specific individual or group based on the big suspect classes i.e. religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age of disability. Calling someone out for asking for A1 at El Gaucho, cool. Calling someone out for recommending a new gay bar on Capitol Hill, not cool.
- 4. Do not threaten, abuse, harass, or invade the privacy of others or other proprietary rights. It's not cool, but moreso, you generally don't look very smart threating to beat people up over a big series of tubes.
- 5. Do no infringe on the rights of 3rd Parties i.e. copyrights, patents, trade rights etc. As legendary as you'll seem posting the menu recipes for a restaurant like... oh, say Palisades, you'll be washing dishes for a real long time to pay off that court judgment against you. Not recommended.
Chef Seattle does not warrant that the site will work at all times and never be broken or be error free. In addition, we do not make any warranties in regards to what we post on our site. The site and its content are available and distributed on an “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE basis. This translates to taking the material at face value and proceed with caution as to the accuracy of the information. In lay speak: use at your own risk.
Be cautious of what you download to your computer. Any material, software, or other type of information that you download will be done at your own discretion. You will be solely responsible for any potential damage that may or may not occur to your computer system or loss of data on your computer as a result of your actions. Chef Seattle nor does any of its partners make any warranties that 1) our site will meet your satifaction, 2) our site will be uninterrupted, secure, or error free, 3) the material and information provided on our site as being accurate and/or reliable, and 4) quality of any products purchased or obtained through our site will meet your expectations and any errors will be corrected. Neither Chef Seattle nor any of its affiliate partners make any warranties of kind, either express or implied including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You expressly agree that you will assume all risks and liabilities as to the quality and the working operation of Chef Seattle and the accuracy and entirety of the site.
Neither Chef Seattle nor any of our partners shall be liable for any direct, indirect, or incidental, or consequential damages that may occur out of the use of or inability to use our site, regardless of our knowledge of the possibility of said damages.
You agree that Chef Seattle and all its agents, owners, employees, registered members, and visitors will not be held liable to you for any harms by direct or indirect damages, including but not limited too, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data loss, the use or inability of use, any costs of getting substitute goods and services as a result of services or products rendered by this site or its partners.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in the operation or transmission, theft, unauthorized access to, use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. This disclaimer further applies to any damages or injury caused by any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or other defects in, or untimeliness or unauthenticity of, the content or any of the products or services referred to in the content. Chef Seattle shall not be liable for any third party claims or losses of any nature, including, but not limited to, any claims or losses relating to products and/or services referred to at any time in the content, lost profits or consequential damages. The user specifically acknowledges that Chef Seattle is not responsible for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
Kobe beef is one of the most coveted meats in the culinary world. Fetching over $100 per pound, loyal followers swear by its heavenly flavors. But is that kobe you're eating actually authentic?
Dive deep into the multifaceted world of coffee in the award winning documentary, Black Gold
Here are seven quick and easy tips on how to turn yourself from an amateur sushi connisseur into a would-be sushi snob.
Learn about Esmeralda, the new gourmet coffee that is breaking records and turning all the heads of the coffee experts of the world.
A listing of the top ten Chinese restaurants in Seattle, as voted by the UW Chinese Students Association.